04: THE TRUTH ABOUT SEX AFTER KIDS
DOES THE START OF KIDS = THE END OF YOUR SEX LIFE?
Sara and Jye invite Zosha Piotrowski, fitness instructor and mum of two kids aged 9 and 7, on the show to find out the truth!
Zosh shares her survival strategies and sexy date night inspiration to re-ignite the sexual spark after kids - behind very firmly locked doors.
A must-listen for people with kids, people planning kids, and even people with a phobia of kids, like Sara!
MORE JUICY BITS ON THE SHOW
- How guest Zosha went from never wanting kids to earth mother
- Understanding the biggest post-kid “sex blockers”!
- Critical strategies to “reframe the brain” about sex after kids
- Why feeling good about yourself is key to a healthy sex life. Humour and a hotel room can help too!
OTHER GREAT REFERENCES YOU'LL LOVE
- Netmums survey about sex after kids – mums think its one of the most important factors in maintaining a healthy, happy relationship after children, but the biggest excuse given is tiredness.
- “The Mommy Mojo Makeover: 28 days to reclaim yourself and re-ignite your relationship” by Dana B Myers – an extension of the “Mojo Makeover” series that I used to carry in my collection, particularly relevant for new moms.
- “Great Sex for Moms” by Valerie Raskin – a playful but practical physician-led book that echoes many of the themes that we bring up in the show. Great for Dads too!
TELL US WHAT YOU THINK!
Have you tried some of the ideas and survival strateges that Zosh shared on the show (role play, sacred time etc.)? What’s worked best for you? Leave a comment below - we'd love to know!