06: OPENING UP TO OPEN RELATIONSHIPS
OPEN RELATIONSHIPS MAY NOT BE FOR EVERYONE, BUT NEITHER IS MONOGAMY.
What types of open relationships exist? And is an open relationship right for you?
Sara and Jye crack open this challenging topic with the help of professional relationship and dating coach Valentina Tudose, founder of Happy Ever After.
After lifting the veil on the big, "scary" world of non-monogamy, Valentina shares her personal story and what she's learned firsthand about making an open relationship work.
MORE JUICY BITS ON THE SHOW
- Principles for a successful open relationship, or any relationship
- How to get over fear and jealousy in an open relationship
- Personality, values and qualities that could make you more open
OTHER GREAT REFERENCES YOU'LL LOVE
- “Opening up: A guide to creating and sustaining open relationships” by Tristan Taomino – includes a good breakdown of the different types of open relationships, and practical, down-to-earth advice about how to make them work.
- “The secret to desire in a long term relationship” TED talk by Esther Perel – this talk explores our human need for both security and surprise, and how it can challenging to expect one partner to be able to meet all our needs.
- “Why we love, why we cheat” TED talk by Helen Fisher – we reference some of her findings in our show.
TELL US WHAT YOU THINK!
Did this change your perspective on open relationships? Anything else you think is necessary in making an open relationship work? Leave us a comment below - we'd love to know!