11. SEXERCISE: GETTING FIT FOR THE BEDROOM
NEED YET ANOTHER REASON TO HIT THE GYM? WELL, TUNE IN A DROP IT LIKE A SQUAT!
On this episode, fitpreneur Mack Pijewski joins Jye and Sara in the studio to deconstruct the link between sex and fitness, and the discussion spans neurochemicals, nutrition, mobility and more.
Find out if "coregasms" actually exist, why pelvic floor training is beneficial for both sexes, and whether sex has an impact on performance before a big sporting event.
Not to mention, look out for the 10min Better in Bed companion workout on YouTube designed specially by Mack, with specific exercises to improve physical fitness and sexual performance. Now you're only one workout away from getting better in bed - so get moving and get grooving!
MORE JUICY BITS ON THE SHOW
- How hormones play a big role in fitness as well as in sex
- If sex really does count as exercise
- When does exercise hinder, instead of help, sexual performance
OTHER GREAT REFERENCES YOU'LL LOVE
- “Is the gym killing your sex drive?” by NZ Herald – references the 2017 University of North Carolina study that we discuss on the podcast, in which over-exercise has a negative effect on sex drive
- “6 surprising ways fitness can improve your sex life” by Upfitness – references self-confidence, endorphins, improved hormonal profile, reduced stress levels, successful ageing, and specific foods. All topics we discuss too! “How sex affects your workout” by Men’s Fitness – science is inconclusive if sex right before a big sporting event hurts or helps testosterone levels.
TELL US WHAT YOU THINK!
Do you believe in getting fit for the bedroom? What improvements in physical fitness have made the most noticeable impact on your sex life? Leave us a comment below - we'd love to know!