12. BUILDING YOUR TOY CHEST
THERE’S LOTS TO FEEL HAPPY – OR EVEN “HYSTERICAL” – ABOUT ON THIS EPISODE, BECAUSE ITS ALL ABOUT SEX TOYS!
Sara and Jye record their very first mobile podcast at Hong Kong’s female-friendly, intimate lifestyle store Sally Coco, surrounded by all the wonderful things that vibrate, pulsate and oscillate. We follow the personal journey of founder Vera Lui, who talks about how a vibrator changed her life and led her to start Sally Coco.
Discover the unlikely origins and evolution of sex toys, as well as what benefits they can bring to your sex life. We discuss what constitutes sex toy etiquette with a new partner, and Vera gives her special recommendations on how to choose a sex toy.
So whether you’re a nervous beginner, adventurous couple, busy mom or student on a budget, its time to get buzzing!
MORE JUICY BITS ON THE SHOW
- How Sara and Vera broke the news to their parents that they were selling sex toys
- How to introduce a sex toy to a partner for the first time
- What are the bestselling sex toys out there
OTHER GREAT REFERENCES YOU'LL LOVE
- “Should sex toys be prescribed by doctors” by Netdoctor – how sex toys have real health benefits, from reducing vaginal dryness to allowing intimate play for people with pain or erectile conditions.
- “The High tech, high design world of sex toys” by WIRED – examples of how sex toys have come a long way from the primitive days where everything resembled a penis
- “Doctors created vibrators after growing tired of masturbating ‘hysterical’ women” by VICE – we discuss the medical origins of the vibrator and why its still called a “body massager” to this day
TELL US WHAT YOU THINK!
Has a sex toy changed your life or enhanced your relationship? Leave us a comment below - we'd love to know!