13. PLAYING THE DATING GAME
LOVE IT OR HATE IT, WE ALL HAVE TO PLAY THE DATING GAME TO STAND A CHANCE OF FINDING LOVE OR EVEN GETTING LAID.
Sara and Jye discuss the triumphs and travails of dating in today's world with the very entertaining Elena Gabrielle. As a comedienne from touring dating show "Story Party" and host of sex-positive, underground Dirrty Cabaret variety show in Berlin, Elena has heard it all.
From stories of bad boys with ankle bracelets, to second cousins and anal speculums, Elena shares the good, bad, and truly filthy dating stories that she's picked up on tour.
We also talk about sex on the first date, "ghosting" and how online dating has changed the game. So stop swiping and start listening!
MORE JUICY BITS ON THE SHOW
- Why sexual compatibility is important, and how to figure it out on dates
- How dating differs around the world, and why it can be challenging wherever you go
- Decoding modern dating lingo - “crumbing”, “submarining”, “cuffing season” etc
OTHER GREAT REFERENCES YOU'LL LOVE
- “The Internet Dating Slang Terms You Need to Know” by Askmen – this giant glossary of 57 dating terms will keep you clued in to what everything means
- “Online dating leads to higher marriage satisfaction, lower divorce rates: Study” by Huffington Post – interesting effects of online dating, especially since people meeting online has increased dramatically over the past decade
- “What guys really think of hooking up on the first date” by Your Tango - there are no rules when it comes to dating these days, and guys respect both the freespirited and patient approach
TELL US WHAT YOU THINK!
Do you have any disastrous or delightful dating stories you'd like to share? Leave us a comment below - we'd love to know!